The mission of the University of Maryland Sports Medicine Unit
is to provide first-class, comprehensive, and state-of-the-art health care and wellness services as it pertains to the well-being of University of Maryland student-athletes.
In achieving this mission, the following guiding principles will be embraced by University of Maryland Sports Medicine Unit:
• To provide professional, first-class leadership and counseling necessary to prevent, manage, and rehabilitate the student-athlete.
• To participate in the development of the student-athlete's health and well-being.
• To serve as a major intellectual and creative resource for the University of Maryland Department of Intercollegiate Athletics through the development of interactive partnerships with allied health professionals and the campus community.
• To consistently provide a high-level of customer care and service.
• To maintain fiscal and operational integrity and carry out sound management practices.
• To function at high levels of accountability and productivity in all initiatives, programs, and operations, including compliance with all institutional, conference, and NCAA regulations.
• To promote character development, leadership and sportsmanship.
• To support the mission, goals, and objectives of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University as a whole.